BIG ideas have been hatched under the boughs of GREAT trees.
Trees Make a Big Impact on our Planet.
- Two-thirds of all plant and animal species on Earth are found in Forest Habitats.
- A single tree produces approximately 260 pounds of oxygen per year. That means
two mature trees can supply enough oxygen annually to support a family of four.
- Tree roots hold soil together and keeps the nutrient rich topsoil in place for new plants to grow in. When trees are felled, the exposed topsoil washes away with rain in a process known as erosion.
- Over the course its life, a single tree can absorb one ton of carbon dioxide, a major greenhouse gas that is a BIG contributor to global warming.
References and Inspiration
THE TREES by RUSH ( You Tube)
The Benefits of Trees (newswatch.nationalgeographic.com)
Top 22 benefits of trees (www.treepeople.org)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: BIG (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Big (citylifepicture.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge: Big (travelinspirecreate.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Big (turtlestravel.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Big (silkenphotography.wordpress.com)
- BIG Weekly Photo Challenge… (bluebrightly.wordpress.com)